10 Reasons Why a Yoga or Fitness Retreat Should be on Your Travel Bucket list
It is no coincidence that fitness and yoga retreats have been exploding in popularity recently - and for good reason. Yoga retreats and fitness holidays are an incredible way to reset, recharge and disconnect. Retreats offer everyone a chance to hit pause, reflect and give the body the love, movement and nourishment it needs all in a beautiful setting with great people.
Have you been toying with the idea of giving yourself the gift of wellness travel? Here are 10 reasons why you should go on a fitness or yoga retreat as your next trip.
1. Stunning destinations. Not only will you experience a new travel destination, but will most likely experience some of the best and most breathtaking spots in the region with the people who know it best.
2. Take your fitness or yoga to the next level. Giving yourself a chance to immerse in your favourite type of movement for a period of time will up your game and teach you a ton of great new techniques to bring home. Being fully present and dedicated to whatever practice your retreat is focused on will optimize your ability and learning.
3. Surround yourself with experts in their fields. Retreat leaders are usually leaders and innovators in their field and you are gifting yourself with the chance to spend quality time with them and a huge opportunity to learn invaluable knowledge from them.
4. Disconnect and detox digitally. No emails, no work and no digital commitments make for an incredibly present and nourishing experience. A retreat is a chance to ditch the phone and really focus on YOU.
5. Meet some amazing and like-minded people. If you have chosen a retreat, it is quite likely that it appealed to people that are in the same frame of mind as you, which means that you will likely connect and create powerful friendships with the people around you.
6. Get outside of your comfort zone. For some people, the idea of a retreat can be a bit daunting, but looking at it as an opportunity to try something new creates an amazing opportunity for growth and learning. Don't be afraid to step outside of the comfort zone, this is where the magic happens.
7. Recharge your batteries. Have you ever come home from a holiday feeling like you need another holiday to recover? You won't feel that way after a retreat. Your experience will give you an opportunity to literally retreat, rest, destress and nourish yourself, physically and emotionally.
8. You will eat healthy, delicious meals without the work. Most retreats include at least some of your meals and are generally designed to be nourishing and tasty. You will indulge in healthy food tailored to you without the work of creating your meal.
9. You will participate in life shifting and transformative experiences. Most retreats offer time and workshops that allow and encourage reflection, inner work and mindfulness. These practices can translate into a new perspective and outlook on life in the longterm.
10. You DESERVE it! You have worked so hard and are WORTH investing in. A retreat is one of the most fulfilling experiences you can gift yourself with and giving yourself the opportunity to rest, move, connect and reflect is something that will last long after you get home.
RE-TREAT YO'SELF! It is SO worth it!
Feeling inspired to make the commitment to an experience of a lifetime? Have a look at our fitness and yoga retreat offerings HERE.